Kallappa

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Joke of my life

Let me talk about the biggest joke of my life that last week has been. I have no words to express the agony that i went through last week. Apart from the 10 viva's that i gave in 2 days flat and what more i was not prepared for even one of them i gave 5 intenal exams.

I think these exams need special mention. First of all these exams come out of the blue for all of us. I mean how can we prepare 3 subjects in a single night. that too the test was on the complete syllabus that we have for the entire semester. Anybody who thinks that students today are ready for their entire syllabus full one month before the finals is i think sadly mistaken.

Is it a sad commentary on the state on today's students or about the pathetic condition education is toady i cannot say because it is too big a subject for an ordinary mortal like me to comment on. But one thing is clear by putting such a mental stress on us the college is not gaining anything. They are doing just for the sake of compliance and meeting the deadlines. I only fear that if such a funda of just slogging to meet the deadlines and doing a patchy job of everything, i believe i would not be going too high on the corporate ladder.

I mean i really ponder over this question again and again but have never been able to come up with a definitive conclusion or a strategy to counter this. For the past 10 months that i have been i n a B-School, all that i have been doing is fire-fighting. I always think that ok from this week i shall plan my activities completely and stick to my schedule so that i can do justice to what i am supposed to do.

Justice to my job is one think i am very touchy upon. If i dont do justice to a particular task i feel i have cheated myself. But if the knid of work i am doing(read fire fighting) i am cheating myself everyday. How long can i continue this?

I need an answer and that answer is not forthcoming. These exams have just pulled the trigger wherein it was during these exams i realised the power of technology and team work. Why and How it is for your grey cells to exercise and come with an answer that too if one cares to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home