Kallappa

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Long time no see

Lots of water has flown down the subarnarekha river(Jamshedpur is on the banks of this river) and along with it has time which i think was where i spent one of the most crucial years of my academic life. Its been almost 6 months that i have finished my MBA and graduated from XLRI Jamshedpur. I have since then moved on in life (have I?) to join the big world of Corporates. Wheather its good or bad as they say is still to be decided.

Life has taken a different but a curious turn after i finished my MBA. With all the tensions of moving from one exam to another where each exam decided where i stand in the college / academic hierarchy which ultimately (so did they say) would determine my future life (does it mean the job i take up?) gone i have moved onto a field where i get a good salary at the end of each month and my parents do not have to worry as to how their son would perform in the next year or what would happen to his future.

They are quite happy with the fact that their son's hard work through his academic life has paid good dividends as he is now well settled in a job.

But the point i wish to explore here is not about my past and certainly not the future but about the most neglected part of our lives "PRESENT".

Of what i have experienced in the last 25 years of my life is that we always run and think about mostly whats happened in our past and worrying about the future. Seldom we realize that in the process we are loosing that time where we can make a difference to our future. Because it is these actions that we take in the present that determine our future past & the future future.

It was not easy for me to do this specially after coming out of the humdrum of school/college life. It was all very difficult. It would be something that each one of us experience and long for once we finish our college days. When i did my MBA and then joined Cadbury's in their Sales & Mktg dept

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger saurabh said…

    Dude u rock!!
    waiting when u will write a fiction book.do inform me .excellent!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home